Adding a New Warehouse
- Note: Before starting, make sure to activate the inventory app in your account.
- Click on “Inventory” from the main menu.
- Click on “Warehouses”.
- Click on the “New Warehouse” button.
- Fill in the new warehouse details:
- Name: The warehouse’s name as it appears in account lists and reports.
- Shipping Address: The warehouse’s address.
- Status: To activate or deactivate the warehouse within the account.
- Primary: To set this warehouse as the primary warehouse for the account.
- Note: The primary warehouse is automatically selected for any transactions related to inventory.
- Permissions: The display and selection permissions of the warehouse can be set using a set of options:
- View: Set permissions to display the warehouse in lists.
- Create Invoices: Permission to select the warehouse within invoices.
- Update Stock: Permission to select the warehouse when creating manual inventory transactions.
- For more details on inventory and warehouse permissions, refer to the guide: Default Warehouse for Employees
Note: Upon saving, a sub-account for the warehouse will be added within the Chart of Accounts, categorized in the chart as:
Assets > Current Assets > Inventory.