Routing the Employee Payroll Account
The accounting system allows you to choose between two types of routing for the employee’s salary account: either automatic routing where all financial transactions are directed to the “Salaries & Wages” account that the system creates automatically, or specifying for each one where you can direct the payroll transactions of each employee separately to a dedicated account.
- Note: Before starting, make sure to activate the Chart of Accounts App in your account.
Steps to route the Employee Payroll Account
- Click on “Accounting” from the main menu.
- Click on “Accounting Settings”.
- Click on the “Accounts Routing” card.
- Click on “Employee Payroll” from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Routing Type” for “Employee Payroll” and choose between:
- Auto: The system automatically directs the employee’s salary account to “Payroll Wages” in “Accounts Directory”.
- Specify per each: The system allows you to manually specify the subsidiary account within the employee or user’s file, routing any transactions to the specified subsidiary account instead of the default payroll account. For more details, see the guide on [“Adding a New Employee”].
- Note: You can select a subsidiary account from within the existing accounts in the account tree or create a new subsidiary account within the tree according to your accounting system.
- Click the “Save” button.
After saving, you should navigate to the employee/user file and ensure the dedicated account for directing the “Payroll Account” is chosen.