Adding a New Department
Add the company’s departments and sectors, such as the Accounting Department, Human Resources Department, and Marketing Department. Specify a name for each department, add a description for it, and assign a manager to it.
- Note: Before you start, make sure to activate the Organizational Structure app in your account.
Steps to add a New Department
- From the main menu, click on “Organizational Structure“.
- Click on “Manage Departments“.
- Click on the “New Department” button.
- Examples of departments: Marketing Department, Sales Department, Customer Service Department… etc.
- Enter the department information as follows:
- Name: Type the desired department name.
- Abbreviation: Type the department’s short name.
- Status: Choose from the dropdown menu the department’s status; either “Active” or “Inactive“.
- Description: Type the department’s description in the dialog box.
- Assigned Manager: Select the department’s manager from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- The system will display a message “Department Added Successfully” and will show you all the department’s information as follows:
- Details: A tab that includes all details of the department from name, abbreviation, and description.
- Assigned Employees: A tab that contains details of the employees assigned to this department.
- Activity Log: A tab that includes all activities conducted in this department.